While we are on holiday break, there are a few things you can do to help the girls keep up on their schoolwork. Spending just 5 or 10 minutes doing a few review exercises every day and keeping a regular routine of sleep, work and play as much as possible during the busy Advent season will allow each of the girls to come back to school refreshed and ready to jump back into the next thing. This way the girls won't forget everything they've accomplished over the past 7 weeks and have to relearn "going to school!"
- Ask your daughter to recite Matthew 22:37-39
- Practice saying the books of the OT through Ecclesiastes
- Have her say the sounds of the first 16 phonograms at least once a day (let me know if you need a chart!)
- Spend a few extra moments practicing the sounds of the vowels "a" "e" and "i"
- Say the sounds of a few phonograms to her and have her write them down on a piece of paper or coloring board
- Count to 25 and ask her "what is one more than X"